Last saturday finished the 4th edition of the Pyrenees Stage Run 2019, an incredible week where the participants have run 240km across the Pyrenees. The last stage of the PSR2019 has passed between Esterri d’Àneu and Salardú, crossing the “Aigüestortes and Estany de Sant Maurici” National Park through the Cabanes Valley, Basiero col, Llac Glaçat col and Saboredo mountain hut, where starts the last downhill to Salardú, following Ruda Valley.
The winners of the seventh and last stage of the race, have been, in women category, “Deeside Ladies” (Katie Henderson and Samantha Rendall) with 6h56′; in men category, “Team Dyanfit” (Andre Purschkle and Matthias Dippacher) with 4h54′; and in mixed teams, “Monkazelle” (Emilly Sullivan and Brent Mitchell) 6h21′.
Despite the hardness of the route, the sensations at the end of the race are of satisfaction and joy, to be able to complete such an exciting and intense challenge, with 90% of the runners that started the PSR being able to completely finish it.
All participants agree upon arrival to highlight the beauty and spectacularity of the route, as well as the excellent organization of the event. Year after year, the race continue to increase in number of participants and in prestige: smiles and tears of emotion were a constant to the finish line and the number of repeaters and runners from new countries is constantly growing.
The final stage awaited a surprise in the results, as in mixed category, those who had lead the race from start to finish, would lose this position in favor of “Monkazelle” team. The final results of the PSR2019 were the following:
In women category:
- “Deeside Ladies”, equip format per Katie Henderson i Samantha Rendall – 44h19′
- “Deeside Divas”, equip format per Sarah Dunn i Ros Baxter – 47h53′
- “Kodiak Island Trail Shuffling Guild”, equip format per Melissa Witteveen i Natura Richardson – 53h43′
In men category:
- “Team Dynafit”, equip format per Andre Purschke i Matthias Dippacher – 30h43′
- “Shpere Pro Nutritape”, equip format per Alexandre Urbina Rubio i Javier Pons Sientes – 32h27′
- “Trcarestacampbasegrimpacims”, equip format per Michael Henderick i Jordi Delgado – 33h02′
- “Monkazelle”, equip format format per Michaell Brent i Emily Sullivan – 41h14′
- “High and Low up and Down”, format per Christoph Bellings i Anne Gerlach – 42h17′
- “Tortilla & Burrito”, equip format per Tara Bassili i Martin Daignault – 42h36′
After such an intense week full of sport, comradeship and nature, it is only awaiting the 2020 edition with hope, from which the dates will be published soon.
Photos by Guillem Casanova and Lluís Toll